Our purpose is simple: to partner with families in the spiritual development of their children. We want to introduce kids to God’s love, encourage each one to know Jesus, and transform their lives with the Bible so they can change the world around them while providing tools for families to do the same.
Mission Statement: We were all made in His image, and our kids are learning to love The Creator and those he created.
GOD LOVES KIDS AND SO DO WE!
We offer a staffed nursery during all worship services, caring for children from birth to 36 months. We also offer Kids’ Praise (children’s worship) for ages 3 years old to kindergarten. Children will be dismissed following communion.
When you bring your child to Bible class…
We take the safety of our children very seriously. All teachers and workers have passed a background check. Also, every child 2 years old – 3rd grade must be issued a two-part name tag. One tag is for your child and one is for the parent who will be picking up the child. This is the only way your child may be picked up from class…give the matching tag to an adult volunteer in the classroom. The purpose of a two-part tag is so that a parent or caregiver has one tag and the child has the other. At pick-up time, only the person showing the matching tag may pick up a child.
Our Bible classes are a wonderful way for kids to learn about God, His Word, His Son, and His Spirit. Children are taught the basic concepts of God as the Creator and the Lover of mankind through songs, stories, and developmentally appropriate activities. Our curriculum gives children an overview of the Bible at increasingly deeper levels between the nursery years and fifth grade, preparing them for entrance into our Youth Ministry and for the rest of their lives.
Ministry Leaders: Rhonda Greenwood, Ann Robinson
Deacon: Jon Suttles
Elder: Bob Weatherly
Ways you can serve:
- Teach or help in one of our children’s classes one quarter a year
- Sub as needed in one of our children’s classes
- Assist the nursery during worship one Sunday a quarter
- Be a storyteller during Bible time for our elementary age children
- Serve on a committee for events
- VBS, Easter Event, Spring Carnival, Breakfast with Santa and more!
- Help with curriculum prep
- Take home things to cut out or assemble
- Help with material prep in the Sprouts work room on Wednesday evenings – one quarter
- Help with material prep on Sunday mornings for the elementary – one quarter
- Serve as a tribal leader
- Help decorate a classroom for story time
- Serve as an activity leader for one specific area– gathering room, marketplace, etc.
- Help decorate the gathering room (the Chapel area)
- Help with registration
- Serve as a helper in the nursery and toddler classrooms
- Kids’ Praise (Children’s worship)
- Help by leading songs during worship
- Help with crafts
- Help with story time and/or puppets
- Help with crowd control
- Serve as a greeter